Thursday, November 15, 2012

31 Days to a Stress Free Holiday Season - Day 19


Tis the season for giving!! I love this time of year, I love spending money on other people! No, I take that back, I love spending money on people in need! Things that I would never buy for myself or my family, get plunked in the basket with a happy heart!

It's easy to get caught up in the rush of the season and left giving, true giving, go by the wayside. In order to make sure that giving is at the top of our priorities (and our children's) we always like to set down and make a list of things we would like to give to each year and how much. Last year our goal was to break $1000 worth of giving at Christmas and I know we excitedly exceeded that goal!!!! There's nothing more fun than buying toys for children, a goat and some chickens for a needy family, or buying clothes and shoes for a battered woman!!

If you are looking for some fun ways to give, here are some charities that we enjoy giving too!

Samaritan's Purse - Operation Christmas Child

Dayspring Villa Women and Children's Shelter (OK)

World Vision

Angel Tree (Prison Fellowship)

Salvation Army Angel Tree (Mall)

Pregnancy Resource Center of Owasso (OK)

Homeless Bags!! (A creation of our own, see tomorrow's post!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment