Thursday, January 27, 2011

Family Schedule: Part One


So the last time I blogged about goals it landed me in and out of the ER for the next three day and then an overnight admit to the hospital.....so we'll see what this throws my way! I always love that just when you think you have things figured out, God has a sense of humor and knocks you on your behind!


In an effore to meet goal #3 and #5 for the new year, I really felt like I needed to get on some sort of schedule. I always had a rough plan in mind but the weekend would roll around and I would realize I hadn't really accomplished any full tasks and I would have to OVERHAUL clean. Not only was this hard on me, but Tom, who works so hard already, was having to help out alot! He doesn't mind and does it with a happy heart, but I didn't feel this was really fair. This also started cutting into our family/free time and this is not what I wanted to spend those precious hours on.



So this past week, I really started writing down my plan. It has evolved over the week as I realized some rooms are better to do on certain days and certain rooms can't share a day with another chore.


So here is a peek into what my week looks like.

I'm hoping by sharing it will keep me accountable and I will get to hear some tips, tricks, and schedules that you follow!


Mondays: Laundry & Kitchen

Tuesdays: Dining Room & Playroom

Wednesday: Bathrooms & Living Room

Thursday: Laundry & Bedrooms

Friday: Bills & Filing

Saturday: Family Movie Time

Sunday: Family Sunday


Do you follow a schedule or does going with the flow make your life easier? Do you have a plan for the week?

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should post this... I have been working on this (mostly mentally) for the past few weeks. The big Christmas present that I wanted and got from Mike was a book called "Large Family Logistics" (don't laugh since we only have 4 in our family). It is an awesome book- esp. because it is written by a homeschooling mom from a Christian perspective. I still haven't worked out my days, but things are going better. My theme for this year is "ORDER"- in all areas of my life. Here is a link to the book: http://www.visionforum.com/browse/product/?productid=38462

    ReplyDelete