Thursday, January 2, 2014

How the Howards Got Healthy

Now that 2013 is behind us, you know the year of seizures, year 7 of body pain and fatigue and new diagnoses of a plethora of food intolerances, we felt it was time to try something new.

I don't know much about the human body, but the one thing I do know is God has blessed me with this one body and has instructed me to be a good steward of His gift. I hope with His help to live the kind of life He would be pleased with.

I've eaten, cleaned, and lived a certain way for 30 years, so the transformation isn't going to happen overnight. By making small meaningful changes, we hope to feel better, be healthier,  and live long lives that bring glory to God! We also hope to teach our children healthy eating and living habits so they can grow up without facing many of the challenges that bad diets, chemicals, toxins and processed foods can cause.

We have really no experience with gluten free, dairy free, wheat free diets, cooking, or living or with natural cleaning, body care, or household items so this adventure is one we are jumping into with both feet and praying that our chamges will drastically change the way we feel.

We are also not tree huggers or hippies(even though I did love that era of music growing up). We love real food, hamburgers and chocolate chip cookies not tree bark or rutabagas,  so we are really excited to see what kind of recipes we will be trying and products we will be using.

I hope you will join us for the fabulous, the failures and the freak outs!

No comments:

Post a Comment